Hey everyone!! Happy Tuesday!
Today I’m dedicating this post to all my adoring readers to reveal some of the behind the scenes
madness of my blog 🙂
I’m going to try my hardest to keep it short and sweet to make it easy on the eyes. But essentially, I’m going to go through the whole protocol of how I blog, when, why, what I do, and much more.
1. WHAT KIND OF BLOG AND WHY: So as you all know I’m Jenny and SitBackAndJustLive is my Lifestyle blog.
I decided to do a lifestyle blog because it’s my way of documenting whats happening, new, or changing in my life. And really, I want to easily be able to access a certain time in my life and be like “Oh yeah, I remember that!” And aside from my own selfish reasons, I also like to share with my family and friends who I don’t keep in contact with daily to be able to jump on and see what’s happening, new, or changing in the Life of Jenny as well.
2. HOW I ORGANIZE MY BLOG: I so very heavily rely on my planner when I blog. It’s the most efficient way to keep track of what I want to blog and what I’ve already blogged about. I typically pick topics ahead of time (probably a week in advance if not more). Do I always follow my planner? Oh gosh no, you should see it;
On a good week:
When I spontaneously switch it up:
3. TIPS&TRICKS: (a) I always incorporate a “word of the day” in every single post. So if you ever see a random bizarre word you can almost always guarantee that that’s the word of the day. Although sometimes the words are not as complex or unknown than others. I’ve already used the word of day in this post. Can you find it?
Lets see if you can find the one in here:
I even had Andrew try in his interview….SMH
(b) Pictures, I’m all about posting pictures. Again 1. for my own selfish reasons as a memorabilia but 2. because I figure the more pictures and simple captions makes a blog post more appealing to read. I of course genuinely want people to read every word I write but I understand the time constraints people may have so a pictures worth a thousand words.
4. WHEN DO YOU BLOG?: I luckily am able to find time early on in my work day to whip up a post before things get busy. It’s usually the first thing I do after I check all my emails. I also blog EVERY M-F and the weekends I take off. Kudos to all you bloggers who are consistent 7 days a week!
5. WHY DO YOU LIKE TO BLOG?: I for sure am so passionate about my blog, I just flat out love it. I love being able to openly sharing my life with everyone and anyone who is willing to take time out of their day to read it. Without a doubt, even if Andrew was the only sole person to read my blog everyday, I would STILL 100% continue to write. I didn’t make this blog knowing that I was going to have followers, readers, commenters, nominations; those are no doubt a HUGE plus and a great motivator (I cherish and love you all) but frankly, this blog is mine, my words, my pictures, and it’s my happy place. I get excited and look forward with anticipation to write/post something new each and every day (M-F).
6. DO YOU READ OTHER PEOPLE’S BLOG?: YES, YES, a million times YES! I have a great list of bloggers on my reader list and I will sit here and read EVERY.SINGLE.POST word for word for those on my list. I’m not even kidding. I also comment I would say on 99% of the blogs. From one blogger to another, I know how satisfying and motivating it is to get wonderful feedback and so I try to spread as much of that around to all of you.
Now Monday’s are tough because those true avid bloggers that blog 7 days a week leave me catching up all day long. But come Tuesday and so on, I just start from where I left off and read, read, read! I love reading and although I don’t have time to finish a book, I do get the pleasure to read little bits and pieces of miscellaneous things, products, adventures, and lives that you all share. For example all my London girls, everything you guys post about London, I would never even know existed without reading your posts. I learn so much from each person. Beauty blogs, I’m so fond of because I now have a list to cure all my skin, makeup, nails, and hair problems. Don’t even get me started on recipes and fashion, ya’ll got that covered too 🙂 If I find something that interests me on your blog, I will for sure give you a follow so invite me over to your site!
If you have any more inquiries regarding anything blog related, definitely ask away!